News: Sundial Group supports industry charity Meetings Industry Meeting Needs
16 Jun 2009
Sundial Group is proud to again support Meetings Industry Meeting Needs, the meetings industry charity.
In the last year, money raised by Meetings Industry Meeting Needs has funded many worthy causes in the UK and overseas including:
- A consignment of sea salt and glucose to make a re-hydration mixture for 200 people at the Bondolfi Mission in Zimbabwe to help them fight off cholera.
- A major project was with Children of Uganda, an AIDS orphanage to procure and install a large water tank and guttering to enable the harvesting and storage of seasonal rainfall to provide bathing water at the Sabina Home in Rakai, housing 225 children
- Demelza Hospice Care for Children - providing sixty music therapy sessions for youngsters in Sussex.
- Hopes and Homes for Children - supporting 60 children for 18 families in Tambakha, Sierra Leone with grants to purchase stock, tools and raw materials for retail or farming enterprises, to provide skills training and one-to-one advice and practical guidance.
- Motability - providing a wheelchair hoist/bracket enabling a disabled person to carry their wheelchair in their car.
Tim Chudley, Sundial's Managing Director, is proud to be a member of the Executive Committee of MIMN, as well as its external fundraising liaison officer. Eager to be put in touch with new charities, Tim encourages any ideas to be put forward for upcoming worthy causes, "I'd like to hear about the links that people have with small charities and urge you to put them forward for consideration by MIMN. Equally, tell me about any fundraising ideas you have which could support MIMN. We are always looking to raise money and work with new charities that need our help."