Sales Consultant F/T
Closing date: 17 Sep 2014
Job posted on: 20 Aug 2014
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a F/T Sales Consultant at Sundial Group Woodside our property situated in Kenilworth, Warwickshire.
The main focus of this role is to carry out all aspects of selling the venue from enquiry handling to pro-active sales calling. It is to handle all enquiries as they come into the business up to and including contract sent stage after which the event is passed on to the Event Planner to finalise. The ideal candidate needs to be accomplished in making sales calls to identify event opportunities and to attending business to business events from time to time to represent Woodside locally. Suitable candidates will need to have a confident and professional telephone manner.
Purpose of the Job
- To maximise the occupancy of the venue at the highest achievable rate, whilst working within the guidelines of our pricing structure and maintaining our exclusive, focused environment, providing customers with a comprehensive event service.
- To ensure the needs of the client are clearly established and that they are communicated to and delivered by the rest of the operational team.
- To help maximise the occupancy of other Sundial venues by efficient referral systems.
- Handle enquiries, checking availability and deciding whether it is the right piece of business at the right time and the right price.
- Make pro-active sales calls to new, current and lapsed clients and account manage certain current clients.
- Explore all up-selling opportunities throughout the sales process.
- Liaise with the Business Development Manager and Sales Manager on any new business opportunities, or major clients booking at the property for the first time.
- Arrange and conduct site inspection visits for potential customers, advising the appropriate departments of requirements.
- Propose full and accurate quotations, negotiating rates when required (in consultation with the Sales Manager or General Manager).
- Create client contracts for events and chase for return from clients within 7 working days. Deal with any contract amendments accordingly.
- Ensure an accurate handover of information to the Event Planner.
- Welcome clients/ tutors on arrival to their event as required.
- After sales care including completion of event summary feedback.
- Build relationships with clients/ agents through follow-up calls and investigating new business opportunities.
- Enter all booking and client information accurately into relevant computer systems.
- Attend regular sales and marketing meetings with the rest of the Sundial team involved with sales, marketing and administration of future business.
- Assist other members of the team as necessary.
- Attend open days and exhibitions relevant to our business needs.
- Liaise with other parts of the Sundial business on any turned down business.
- Communicate and share knowledge within the department and across the Sundial centres.
- Promote and uphold the Sundial values.
Working five days out of seven (Mon - Fri usually with the occasional requirement to work evenings or weekends when involved with hosting client events) on a shared rota basis each week amongst the members of the Sales Team.
If you have previous sales office experience in the meetings industry (such as a hotel, conference centre or venue finding agency) please forward you CV in the first instance.
Please note there is no live in accommodation available.
Job Application Form
Please complete a Sundial application form (download here), and attach it when prompted.
If you are unsuccessful in this application, your details will remain on our system so that we may consider you should similar positions arise in future. If you do not want us to keep this information, please untick the box at the bottom. Your details will be held in a password-protected content management system and will be accessible only to our Managers and Directors.
Please note, having your details stored does not guarantee we will contact you. After twelve months any file you attach will be deleted, but a record of your contacting us will be retained for our statistical analysis.