Links to Associated Websites
Event Enquiries: 01604 731731
Bedroom Booking Hotline: 08455 049550
Quick Links to Sundial Venues
Quick Links to M&IT Voting
What is it that makes Sundial so special? In short, it is the dedicated team of friendly people across the venues that define the business. Obviously the facilities and physical features and specifications of the venues have to be of the highest standard, but without the right staff, excellent facilities count for nothing.
If a business can combine the two it will be successful, and for over forty years, Sundial Group, has done just this. Huge amounts of time and effort are invested into the recruitment process, with an emphasis on only employing people with an attitude that enables them to provide excellent customer hospitality.
The four key Sundial Values govern everything we do. Professionalism, Experience, Respect and Quality are the perfect words to define our organisation, and these values are put into action every day in every Sundial product.
Originally an old inn, Highgate House was acquired by the Chudley family in 1964. After many years of neglect, restoration of the building began and it was opened to the public for afternoon teas and bed and breakfasts. Thereafter it gave specialist focus to group bookings and ran as Sundial. It was one of the first independently owned residential training centres of its kind in the country.
Built in the early 1900's, Barnett Hill was originally used as a private residence and then in the 1940's by the Red Cross and the St John War Organisation as a convalescent hospital. It was later used by the Red Cross as its national training centre and then in 1976 was more widely opened to the business world for commercial courses and conferences. Sundial Group purchased the property in 2005.
Woodside dates back to 1886 and was used as a private residence. During the war years it was used by Courtaulds to house their office staff in the Central Accounts Department and was a safe haven during this time for company records. It was purchased by Sundial Group in 1998.