Case Study: Visit Sweden
Objective of Event
- To promote Sweden to key UK agency buyers and educate them about what the country can offer the meetings and event industry
- To focus on communicating the key core values of Sweden - a destination that is innovative, authentic and caring
- To get delegates emotionally involved in the event and invite them on a Swedish adventure.
Why Highgate House?
- Location within the Midlands area - easily accessed for country-wide Agency Buyers (the delegates)
- Previously strong relationship with Sundial Group
- A location with both ample outdoor and indoor space
- A venue with a team who would help bring our vision for the event to life
- A venue who could offer tailored team building
About the Event
The event brought together UK buyers with Swedish event partners in an environment that immediately put them at ease to establish trust, understanding and a strong basis for a working relationship.
The programme for the day was:
- Delegates arrived to welcome drinks
- ‘Visit Sweden' introduced themselves and detailed the day's activities
- Delegates were split into teams, working with Swedish partners
- A light Swedish lunch was served
- >Teams undertook 4 specific team building tasks throughout the day. Each themed and linked to Sweden, its people, culture and approach to meetings
- Tasks were independently monitored and scored and concluded with the announcement of a winning team
- The day concluded with a Swedish-themed barbeque.
Various elements of the day were used to help bring Sweden to life:
Delegates experienced, felt and tasted the flavours of Swedish cuisine throughout the day over lunch and dinner and also by taking part in a team building activity involving food. The ‘Canapé Challenge' was a unique way of introducing them to Swedish food and also helped them work better together, forging strong bonds and trust.
Much of the event was held outdoors within the beautiful grounds of Highgate House. This helped to associate Sweden with the Outdoors and position it as a healthy and fresh destination.
A treasure hunt was run to help delegates discover Sweden in a unique and fun way. It helped portray Sweden's exciting and innovative approach to meetings and events. The event also featured the use of tepees, set up within the grounds to help create a unique and magical working environment - delegates could even spend the night in them if they wished!
The latest technology channels were use to help promote Sweden as technologically advanced. With Twitter and Facebook being used in both the run-up to and during the event.
Results of the Event
The Client was very happy with the event and positive feedback was received from both delegates and the host.
The combination of indoor and outdoor space at Highgate House was deemed ideal. Thanks to good weather, full use of the grounds was made, with indoor space optimised well too. The combination of locations, facilities and event support made Highgate House the ideal choice for this event.
"The service and attention to detail received from all the staff at Highgate House, not only on the day, but in the run-up to our event was second to none. As an Events Manager myself, they made my role very easy and it was a delight to have worked with the Sundial Team." Liz Coleridge, Event Manager, CAT Publications