Lee Gaskins - Head Chef
Lee is head chef at Highgate House, having made the switch from our Warwickshire venue, Woodside, early in 2007. He had previously spent 13 years at Woodside, starting as Chef de Partie and working his way up to Head Chef.
Lee’s trophy cabinet is overflowing and currently includes:
- CCE Chef of the Year 1999
- Silver Medal in the Duck Class at Hotel Olympia 2003
- Midland Association of Chefs’ Salon Culinaire 2004
- Bronze Medal in the Hotelympia Conference Centre Chef of the Year competition 2005
- IACC-UK Chef of the Year 2007
Recently, he has derived more pleasure from mentoring members of his team through competitions. That said, in much the same way that you could say ex-footballers who become managers ‘head every ball’, it’s fair to say that while Lee is watching a protege compete, he’s there slicing every onion!
Recent accolades for proteges of Lee’s include...
- CCE Chef of the Year 2006: winner (David Webb - while Lee was at Woodside)
- CCE Chef of the Year 2008: runner-up (Andrew Walmsley, Highgate House)
Telephone: 01604 505505
Address: Highgate House, Groom's Lane, Creaton, Northampton. NN6 8NN