Event & Reservation Consultant – 12 month maternity cover, NorthamptonshireNext Article Previous Article
Event & Reservation Consultant - 12 month maternity cover
Venue: Based at Highgate House, Northamptonshire
Duration: Full Time
Supported By: Venues Director of Sales and Revenue
Closing Date: 4th November 2017
Who We’re Looking For
Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service? Are you ambitious and motivated by sales and hospitality? We are currently recruiting for an Event & Reservations Consultant to join our team at Sundial Group. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, well-organised and a team player, with a drive to increase sales and the passion to always go the extra mile for our customers.
What We Can Offer You
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Personal Pension Scheme
- Staff discounts for dining and B&B
- Quarterly bonus scheme
What You’ll Be Doing
As our Event & Reservations Consultant, you will be responsible for taking enquiries and converting them to bookings by really understanding the customer to meet their needs, as well as planning their events and ensuring that our reputation for excellent service is upheld.
- Handle enquiries for bedrooms, meetings and events, check availability, propose full and accurate quotations and negotiate rates when required in line with our sales and revenue strategy
- Ensure the needs of clients are clearly established and delivered, through liaison before their arrival, during their stay and after departure
- Communicate the clients’ needs to the rest of the operational team to ensure that these needs are met
- Explore all opportunities to upsell food and beverage items, room hire and other supplied items such as outdoor events and Teamscapes team building
- From collation of the clients’ requirements, you'll be responsible for administrating, communicating and distributing final course details to all other departments, and to notify any last minute changes
- Complete accurate invoicing
- Deliver after sales care through follow-up to ensure customers return
- Proactively seek out opportunities to sell the wider Sundial Group
- Attend departmental sales meetings and, where appropriate, those with the rest of Sundial Group
About Sundial Group
Sundial is an award-winning events group with a venue finding agency, a team building company and two of its own business hotels, Highgate House in Northamptonshire and Woodside in Warwickshire. This role is based at Highgate House in Creaton, just 7 miles from Northampton. Highgate House specialises in all types of events including meetings, conferences, team building events and weddings.
We’re proud to be one of the leading family run businesses in the events industry, dedicated to providing great services, facilities and environments for our customers. When you join us, you’ll automatically become part of our extended family. Regardless of where you work, you’re a vital part of our customers’ experience and influential in our success.
Terms & Conditions
- Full-time, 12 month maternity cover
- Visits to other Sundial Group venues, may be required including possible overnight stays.